Friday, April 8, 2016

Tokyo Tower

Tokyo Tower is a famous tower in Japan. It's a traditionally very romantic spot for tourists and Japanese people alike. Tokyo Tower is an Eiffel Tower-like structure that towers over Tokyo metropolis. At night the tower lights up with a bright yellow glow that makes it quite the spectacle. The tower is originally used as a hub for communication, but the height grants a great view as well. The Japanese word for Tokyo Tower written, 東京タワー, is pronounced 'To-kyo Tah-wah.' The word タワー (tawaa) is written in katakana. Katakana is a Japanese written language that is primarily used with foreign words integrated into the language. That word comes from the English word "tower" so it's usually easy for foreigners who speak English to understand.

When I was in Japan, I met many very friendly people. One of them was named Ashimoto, and he was in basketball club. In Japan, school clubs are taken very seriously so he was always practicing very hard. When he had breaks from club and time after school, we would talk. I talked to him about many things, such as the difference between Japanese and American music, and similar pop songs we both liked. He even showed me songs popular in America that I'd never heard before. One day after class, we were talking a lot and he asked me if I knew of Tokyo Tower. Then he asked me on a date to go with him. I was very surprised, but I had to leave Japan soon so I turned him down.


[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment