Saturday, April 2, 2016

Kinkakuji

Kinkakuji (金閣寺) is a famous Japanese temple in Kyoto. The kanji for kinkakuji means “Golden Pavilion.” It was originally named Rokuonji (鹿苑寺) which means “Deer Garden Temple” Kyoto has a place called Nara in it, which is very famous for its wild deer that live among the park. The deer are tame and you can pet them, among other things. Kinkakuji is a zen Buddhist temple. This temple is surrounded by water and trees. In spring, many of the Cherry Blossom trees bloom and create a gorgeous pink wall surrounding kinkakuji.


I never visited Kinkakuji but if I ever go back to Japan I’d love to go!



I bought a model of kinkakuji and assembled it for fun. The model was made of gold-colored metal and very small when I finished it. However, it was very detailed so it was difficult to assemble. Despite being difficult, it was fun to make!


The picture below isn’t mine, but it’s the same make and model as the one I assembled. I’m just too lazy to take a picture of the one I assembled (lol)




No comments:

Post a Comment