Saturday, March 12, 2016

Wallet

On our flight to Japan, it was very long and tiring. Each of us were excited to be in Japan, and ready to start our two weeks as tourists in a country none of us had ever been in before. I was so excited, even though I was exhausted. The first thing I bought in Japan was a type of soy rice cracker, a snack called fish and nuts, and milk tea. The milk tea was delicious! It was sweet and creamy with a rich aftertaste of tea. The fish and nuts was the most interesting snack I've ever eaten in Japan. I laughed so hard when I tried to get people to try it. Fish and nuts is basically a snack that is self-explanatory. It's small, dried fish and slivered almonds. It is a great source of protein and omega 3 oils that fish have, and nutritionally it's a great snack. However, since eating whole fish (no matter how small) isn't a regular thing in my hometown, it's a snack that creeped everyone out. However, the fish were crunchy and had a sweet and salty coating.

While I was busy creeping everyone out with my tiny fish snack, one of the people on the trip lost her wallet. She began to frantically search for it in all of her bags, and when she didn't find it there she fervently retraced her steps. One thing about Japan that's important to know is the crime rate is very low. In Japan, it's more likely that you'll get your wallet back quickly than have it stolen. In any American airport, if you lose your wallet, kiss your money and anything else of value you had in it goodbye. Eventually, a clerk came running up to our group with the missing wallet. We were all so grateful! We slept well that night knowing Japan was such a safe country.

No comments:

Post a Comment